Danika was munching on a corn cob as she made her way to the central request board in Crocus. She hadn't had any luck with her plan to find a Sabertooth member just yet, so she'd figured it wouldn't hurt to take a break for the rest of the day and get herself something to eat. And maybe a little extra money for her time. Her eyes drew over the requests listed but nothing really managed to catch her eyes until Dani noticed one that was pinned a little away from the middle, over all the rest. She took a step over so she could see it clearer and read the job. A woman needed help because someone was using magic to keep her from sleeping. From the looks of it, she needed help urgent and Dani wasn't one to turn a blind eye to people in need. She pulled the request off the board and located the address before setting off in what she thought was the right direction.

A little while and quite a bit of walking later, Danika came to the conclusion that her 'right direction' may not have actually been right after all. Eventually she stopped someone on the street and asked if they could tell her how to reach the address. Now with a definite idea of where she was going, Danika set off once again. She walked through the city as it broached into afternoon until finally she reached the end of the directions and, she checked, the address listed on the request paper. Dani knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. When a few moments passed and she couldn't hear anything inside, she frowned and knocked again. She repeated the process a few more times and was just contemplating giving up for now when she heard noises through the door.

She could hear the shuffling of feet and finally the door opened to reveal a young woman who was rubbing one of her eyes sleepily. “Yeah?” the woman asked. Danika held out the request she'd taken from the board and smiled. “I'm a mage and I'd like to help you if I can,” she explained. The woman looked at the paper for a moment and then seemed to suddenly realize what she had said. “Oh my god yes please, come in. I'm Phoebe.” She ushered Dani inside and into what looked like a living room where she took a seat as she was invited to. “Sorry I was trying to nap. I'm so glad somebody came. This not sleeping has been messing with me so badly and did you know that your body can only handle not sleeping for like ten days before you go crazy? Or worse, die? I think someone is trying to kill me.” Danika blinked a few times as Phoebe rambled on about her suspicions regarding the motives of whoever was messing with her and she had to wonder what she'd be like if she had been sleep deprived for that long. Seems like she'd already wandered into the paranoid section of it anyway.

“Alright well why don't you walk me through what's happened each night and we'll see if I can't get rid of this wolf and help you get some sleep?” Danika offered by way of response, smiling while she did so. Phoebe nodded and then proceeded to explain, step by step, everything she'd done before bed and everything that happened during the night. Dani nodded at various intervals and when she was done, Dani stood from her chair. “Would you mind if I take a look around your bedroom?” Phoebe also stood and nodded. “Follow me,” she instructed and led Dani through the house and into her bedroom. The dark skinned woman paced the room, with a focus on the window before returning to Phoebe's side. “Obviously I can't do anything until this wolf appear tonight, so how about I come back an hour before midnight and we'll see what I can do,” she offered and Phoebe considered it for a moment before nodding.

“I won't be sleeping, so just knock and I'll let you in.” With that decided, Danika headed out of the house and traced her way back to her inn. She spent the rest of the afternoon and early night preparing; taking a bath, having dinner and stretching her magical senses for the fight that she knew was coming. She couldn't dispel magic, but maybe if she could run that wolf off, it'd be less inclined to come back. And whoever sent it would think twice about doing so. Danika left the inn a little ahead of schedule and took a leisurely walk through the city as she headed for Phoebe's house. It really was nice out that evening and she was enjoying the night air. It had to come to an end though and finally she reached Phoebe's house. She knocked and this time Phoebe answered almost right away. They entered and Phoebe led her up into the bedroom where she'd set up a chair for Dani to use while they waited. “You should try and get some sleep, at least until it arrives,” Dani offered. Phoebe nodded and slipped into her bed. Time passed, which Danika tracked through the ringing of the clocks in the house, and it had just gone half passed midnight when there was a stirring at the open window. She looked over to see the wolf that Phoebe had described, just as said woman woke from the fitful slumber she'd fallen into. “That's it,” she whimpered, pulling her covers up around herself. Dani nodded and ran for the window. The wolf seemed to recognize her intent and dodged out of the way as she jumped through it. She rolled up into a standing position and turned as the wolf launched itself at her.

Dani wasn't quite quick enough to dodge the incoming claw and it swiped her shoulder rather harshly. She winced at the pain but ground her teeth through it and summoned her magic as she turned to face the wolf. Danika focused her magic into her hands and lowered them to the ground. Suddenly the wolf jerked as the ground beneath its feet turned to quicksand, trapping the animal. She then refocused and raised herself from the kneel to bring a rough boulder of the earth with her. Taking advantage of the confusion of the wolf, Dani hit the boulder with a magic-charged fist and sent it flying at the animal. It connected with a sickening crunch and the creature yelped before going still. A few moments later it disappeared, the magic that had summoned it dispersing and Danika made her way back to the window.

Phoebe peeked out from her covers as Dani stuck her head in the window. “It's gone. I wouldn't expect whoever sent it to send another, but if they do, I'll come back,” she said before climbing through it. She pressed a hand against her shoulder, which was bleeding and Phoebe sprung into action when she saw the blood. Despite Dani's protests, she insisted on patching it up and she had little choice but to sit still while she did so. Once that was done, Phoebe thanked her profusely and handed her a purse filled with jewels. Dani let her know where she could be found if the wolf came back and headed off on her way. She didn't doubt the woman's skill but she'd have to get her shoulder looked at in the morning just to be sure.

1264/1200 words

Damage to Wolf = 16 points (C-Rank)

Health = 65/71
Mana = 450/500

SPELLS

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Name: Quicksand Pit
Mana: 50
Class: Debuff
Element(s): Earth (Sand)
Description: Channeling their mana through the ground, the user focuses their energy to soften the particles of the ground, causing it to take on a viscous texture like quicksand in a 1x1 area up to 8 meters away. The pit does not form instantly, so it can be avoided if detected in time and will not affect anyone outside its area. For those caught in it however, it impedes movement by causing them to sink for a period of time, hindering their ability to move freely.

Specifics
        Debuff: 20% physical speed
        Distance: 8 meters
        Speed: 3 meter per second

Cooldown: 2 posts
Duration: Instantaneous

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Name: Boulder Break
Mana: 50
Class: Offensive (Blunt)
Element(s): Earth (Stone)
Description: The user bends and channels mana from their hands and into the ground before rising up and bringing a 1x1 meter boulder shaped chunk of it with them. Once they have risen, they then 'punch' the boulder with a shot of magic to hurl it at their target. The boulder has a single trajectory so it can be avoided, however if it makes contact, it will do blunt damage and may knock the target over or off their feet.

Specifics
        Damage: 6 + MA
        Distance: 8 meters
        Speed: 3 meter per second 

Cooldown: 2 posts
Duration: Instantaneous